Chronodex



I had to share this new way of keeping a diary I found a couple of weeks ago on Patrick Ng's blog Scription (where you can download templates for midori traveler's notebooks, circa and g.t.d). I wrote about it on my other blog studio-sweepings at the time. I've now been using it for a couple of weeks and all I can say is it's brilliant!! I think it suits me so well because 1) it's very visual, 2) it allows me to see at a glance what time I'm spending where and 3) it's really flexible. Rather than printing in diary format I just add stickers where and when I want them. If, like me, you find traditional diaries too limiting - check it out.

7 comments:

  1. This is a brilliant system. I have modified it to help with planning university modules. I hope it is OK I have put a link to your site in my blog about it. I think your blog is really interesting and I love your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are continuing to use it. Will share this post on chronodex Facebook. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Patrick - really love it! Thanks to you too JolB - spread the word :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how do i print this off plz its something im going to give a go i will let you know how i get on

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Garry, If you go to Patrick's site http://scription.typepad.com/blog/#.U8PldZRdV8E you will find lots of background info and downloads. I still use mine and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you like the Cronodex sticker system you 'created', being now that it's 2+ years later? Do you use fountain pens? I think the idea of putting the Cronodex image on a sticker, that can then be place on ANY journal paper, is brilliant! Another question - have you written on the paper sticker with fountain pen ink? I'm wondering if it'll hold up, or how the sticker paper works with different fountain pen inks. I currently print off a 8.5x11 page on my printer and write on it/color it with various fountain pens and highlighters. I may have to experiment... :-) Thanks for the great article!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Chip, I'm still using the sticker in the 'updated' format - I don't tend to use them with fountain pens as I block in areas with coloured gel or feltpens (but I do stick them onto fountain pen friendly paper). It works really well for me as my studio and 'day job' are based at home. I don't have lots of appointments/ meetings but it really helps me focus on getting a balance re: what time I spend doing what.

    ReplyDelete